Seeking Volunteers for the North American Indigenous Games 2020
The “NAIG 2020 are an amazing Mawio’mi (gathering of people) that will be held July 11th to 19th, 2020 at venues in Halifax Regional Municipality and Millbrook First Nation. Halifax Commons will be abuzz with the cultural village, performances, demonstrations, art and softball. As we get ready for the 5,000 participants joining us next year, we have some exciting activities taking place throughout Nova Scotia.”
Dr Brian Seaman is the Medical Committee Chair. The Chief Medical Officer is Dr. Tina Atkinson. Chief Therapist is Kurt Stevenson and myself, Amie Lee (ACT).
As the ACT, part of my responsibility is overseeing the various sport therapists (both Athletic Therapists and Sport Physiotherapists) that will be covering the various events throughout the Greater city of Halifax.
There will be 16 sports spread over 18 venues. So, lots of areas to cover. Duties will include both field and clinic coverage at a central location where all the athletes can go for their athletic injury care (similar in fashion to how the Canada Games event coverage done throughout the country).
The sports (and potential venues) are:
- Archery(3D)- Millbrook (outdoor venue)
- Athletics - Beazley field (outdoor venue)
- Badminton - Citadel High community centre entrance
- Baseball - Beazley (outdoor venue)
- Basketball - SMU tower (2 courts), Dalplex (4 courts), Halifax Grammer (1 court)
- Beach Volleyball - Harbour East (Burnside; demo sport)
- Canoe/Kayak - Lake Banook
- Cross Country--Point Pleasant Park
- Golf - The Links at Brunello
- Lacrosse - RBC centre
- Rifle Shooting - Bull Meadow Rifle range
- Soccer - BMO soccer facility
- Softball - Halifax Commons
- Swimming - Dal University
- Volleyball - Canada Games Centre
- Wrestling - SMU arena
Please consider volunteering for this great and local event!! Let’s show North America what AT’s can do, and that we are leaders in Sport Coverage and Rehabilitation!
If you are interested, please contact:
Kurt A. Stevenson B.Sc Kin, CAT(C)
Chief Therapist, NAIG 2020